Saturday 27 January 2018

UPDATE ON ME

Well it's been a pretty awesome week.

If anyone read my 'ME' post 5 days ago http://twinklespinalot.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/me_24.html they will know that I was pretty fired-up and ready to ruffle a few feathers.  The short answer to a long story is the day following that particular post and interview

I WAS ACCEPTED FOR A NEW JOB!

23 years without having had so much as an interview with a potato and bang, I nail it on the first run.  Not only that, I will be working locally in the aviation service industry which has always been of interest to me.  This is of course hugely exciting considering I have been working away managing an office, punching numbers on a screen and facing a slanting roof for 17 of those years, peppered with craning my neck out of a skylight to see whether the sun had come out and occasionally feeling like leaping out the 3rd floor.  Prior to that, 6 of those years in an even smaller room managing that business and running a household whilst everyone else appeared to live it up around me.

I came away from that interview on cloud 9, stratospheric and with renewed wings.  The feedback alone that day was exceptional before I had even been accepted.  My first impressions were "What a great company this seems to be".  

So my induction starts soon, my new job needs all the usual security passes which takes time and my goodness I am finally going to work in an environment that I have interest in.



via GIPHY


That day the wind was howling, the rain was sideways, my freshly straightened hair was squashed under a woolly hat, my shoes got wet and I lost a button on my suit. It didn't matter, nothing mattered except I had survived an interview after relatively little preparation, in a group at that.

Nana Twinkle has the wind in her sails
and fairy dust is optional

I'll leave you with this link to some funny interviews, I actually read these the morning of my interview to ease any tension I was feeling and get things into perspective a bit

1 comment:

  1. Up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear.
    Twinkle rises ever upwards!

    ReplyDelete